Wednesday, August 03, 2005

surprise, surprise

Today, Sam proved something to me. With the right mind set, he can do his morning routine cheerfully and almost completely independently. He was working to get permission to watch a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode, so that provided the motivation.

He wants to do art more than once a week, but I need to read the book ahead of time. Since neither of us have any natural art inclination it is very much a "blind leading the blind" endeavor. But Sam in enjoying the book "Drawing with Children" so we'll keep plugging away.

Dwight works with a guy who is an engineer and was homeschooled. I think we should have him over for dinner, then I can talk to him about the positive and negative aspects for the technical minded to be homeschooled.

Spelling (with "Spelling Power") is getting to be easier for Sam to do without tears and frustration. I don't see much improvement in his spelling outside of this curriculum, but I think that will come later. And as many people have said--with spell check it is getting less important to be a good speller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home