Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas

Keeping Christmas from being either a greed-fest or a yawn for your children. This year as we aim at getting rid of the greed-fest we have a yawner. (have you read Sam's most recent post?).

If those are my only options, I'll take the yawning any day. But he posted that after spending all day shopping with mom (after doing Tuesdays school work in his room on Monday night). I can't completely blame him, shopping is not entertainment to me either, but I am surprised he's yawning about decorating. I think he'd hate it if we didn't.

I asked a group of homeschoolers how they keep from falling into the greed-fest mode and one response is something I will try. This mom asked her kids what had made the holidays special in years past and they mentioned family time before presents. I'm going to ask Sam that and see what he says--he may very likely say presents, but it is worth a shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home