Friday, November 25, 2005

The Hoarse Whisperer

So, a few of my relatives have descended upon us. We are having a great weekend, but they didn't arrive before a sore throat. If you know my family you know that we have the talking gene. After talking constantly with a sore throat for 2 days, my voice has taken a leave of absence. I am reduced to whispering. In this family--whispering is NOT loud enough. I have become a silent observer in a group where I am usually a dynamic participant.

Interesting perspective. I love my family and am enjoying seeing them from a different angle. Occasionally, I find myself hoping I don't sound quite like them. Other times I'm glad we're related.

So, as I wonder why God has allowed this silent period in my life, I think of the times I have abused the volume of my voice--yelling at my poor son, making unkind comments. Maybe a chance to do school without being able to yell will be a good lesson for me.

Today was fruitcake day, tomorrow is thrift store shopping day. Sunday Dad will take us all out for brunch and then all but one sister (husband and 3 kids) will be left. There won't be much recovery time before our normal life descends. Aah, life we never do get much choice and I'm not sure if I'd want that choice. God is the one who is all wise and I'll gladly cede control to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home