Monday, November 14, 2005

Success!

If you've been reading, you'll notice that Sam loves blogging. In fact, I had to remind him to do his other school work today. I never thought I'd hear myself say, "That's enough writing, Sam, get your other school work done."

I'm sure the newness will wear off, but responses from people will help, so I asking (begging, really) for you all to write him emails in response to his posts.

I have another student--at least until Christmas. He is failing spelling (in first grade) and is going to go through the NILD testing process. This process often takes a couple of months, so in the meantime I will be tutoring him in spelling, phonics and sightwords. We worked together this summer to build his reading ability, so it is nice to have my "little guy" back. I would rather have seen him succeed in school, but I'm glad he isn't going to someone else for help.

Sabrina insists on having the turkey carved at the table. Dwight said she could if she carved it, but now she is complaining that it is the job of the male head of the family. So, Grandpa, do you want to carve the turkey for the sake of tradition? Does anyone else care? Only a week and a day until folks start showing up at my house!! I am looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home