Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Maturity and Suffering

Wow, I have been living with one of my worst headaches today. Sam was able to work independently on chores, etc, keep the rooms dark and quiet and even serve me when I had a need.

This level of headache would have caused me to resort to calling a friend to take Sam off my hands back during his toddler days. Now, as he is maturing quite nicely, it was nicer than being alone in the house.

I'm on medication that is supposed to make these headaches become non-existant before a couple more months pass. I'm praying it is successful. In the meantime, I do what I can and leave the rest in God's hands. Some days the "what I can" is very little, but it is good to know that it is all God ever requires of us.

School: we learned a little about algebra and simple equations using paperclips, an envelope and 2 sheets of paper. That was a rather fun activity. We read some of Pedro's Journal, Walk the World's Rim and did spelling. We are now officially finished with the first 2 weeks of school. Remember, our first official day of school is August 29th. Sam and I both are hoping to finish the third week of school before the first official day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home