Sunday, December 11, 2005

December and homeschooling?? Don't mix!!

Wow, as my first Christmas season as a home school mom is upon me, I'm beginning to realize how much work was done while Sam was at school. Especially the shopping. So, we are only finishing up books and chapters and not doing complete school. The freedom to do this comes from our "home school lite" summer months.

So, we are decorating, doing a little last minute shopping, and taking it easy. This year, besides the tree, stockings and lights outside, our decorations are all homemade. We are making Perler bead ornaments and paper silhouette decorations for bookshelf corners and other little nooks. Perler beads are those beads that you put on a little form and then melt together with an iron. Sam and a couple of neighbor kids are really enjoying them.

Presents still need to be wrapped. I was supposed to get to that tonight, but it is almost midnight. I think I'll save it for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home