Sunday, August 14, 2005

What a Weekend!

Wow, our weekend didn't go as we planned, it just went as God planned.

Our plan was to go to a special martial arts mini-camp from 9-3. God's plan was for Dwight to stay home with bronchitis, and for Sam and I to leave the camp at noon and have an enlightening conversation in the car. If Dwight had been along, we might not have left--or my mood would have been different and it could have prevented the conversation.

So, when Sam is feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope with a situation, he now has a signal to give his parents. We will then provide him with the isolation he needs in order to get a grip on his emotions enough to talk about it, or return. Without the signal, my response to the situation made things much worse. I pray that Sam will remember the signal in moments of stress and that he will be able to resist the temptation to abuse it--which would render it useless.

Today, our plan was to attend the membership meeting at our church. Instead we have spent the whole day feeling rather ill. I'm getting used to my medication (this medication will regulate my hormones and prevent the PMS and migraines that I have been dealing with lately. Unfortunately, the first cycle or so, my body is still trying to regulate things itself and I'm feeling very yucky! Dwight is still feeling quite ill with his bronchitis--in spite of antibiotics.

School--don't do much on weekends, of course, except practice the violin. Good news there. Sam struggled to get this one song played well. We have worked on it together for a week and yesterday and today it actually sounds like a song. (before it sounded like sick cats). I'm so proud of him for not quitting. He struggled with desires to quit over this song for a long time.

No hurricanes heading our way--we expect and plan a quiet week, but are ready for what God has planned that he hasn't shared with us yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home