Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

We are enjoying a quiet Christmas at home. Dwight is making the taco meat for our traditional taco Christmas dinner. Sam is over at the neighbors playing the neighbors new video game. I am reading email in my pajamas. Life is good.

My best gift was not a gift for me, but the joy of watching a friend open her gift. She was so joyful and it was exactly what she wanted. I enjoyed her joy so much. Remembering her joy, I pray that we all experience it anew when we recall the best gift of all--forgiveness and righteousness that we did not earn and a relationship with our creator.

We know it is a gift given in love, so we smile as we accept the gift. When we see where it is from we get excited--we've always wanted a paradise, then we see how much it is worth and we are humbled and say, "This is too much.." (pause) "Thank you."

Merry Christmas to all. This is the second year we didn't get out Christmas cards, but hopefully we'll do better next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home