Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nevermind--nothing in my brain (aparently)

Okay, so after a couple of hours of dread and reflection on the uncertainties of life, I called the doctor back and asked her some questions.

It seems the spot wasn't in my brain, but on the picture. It was an artifact (which means that it was a glitch in the picture).

I have a clean bill of health and some mystery symptoms. Don't we all have mystery symptoms? Life isn't neat and categorized--there is much of life that is unexplained. It would be pretty boring without some mystery.

So, life is back to normal and if the double vision (which started this whole thing) doesn't return--I'm good to go and satisfied with life.

We have launched our study of the Eastern Hemisphere. We are reading about missions in Indonesia, and a couple of books about pacific island kids of long ago. Fun stuff. There is also some encyclopedia reading on the pacific islands. This year we added the SonLight Language Arts and I like it (Sam will tolerate it). I think we'll see some improvement in his writing and expression with this. He's still in the middle of Latin. We start the Algebra tomorrow and we are in the middle of the General Science book.

Oh, the coolest thing. A local teen, who has often babysat has agreed to teach Sam some computer stuff. They are both pretty excited about it. Classes start next Wed. last an hour and cost me $10 a lesson. Now that is cheap. She's going to start with JAVA and then move to C++. I am thrilled. Sam will eat it up and I don't have to learn the junk or pay through the nose. These two already like each other and work well together. God is good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home