Thursday, May 25, 2006

Update

As I was chopping up the strawberries to freeze them, I forgot to save some whole. This means I will live another year in ignorance of the joys of a frozen strawberry on a hot summer day. We sure are enjoying the strawberry shortcake!!

I have been over my business finances every which way and could not find a way to pay for pool membership without another student. Then I asked Sam which he would choose, more time with his mom or pool membership. He chose more time with me without pause. Since neither Dwight or I are much for the water, I guess Sam's the same way. So here I was working hard to give my son something he really wasn't that thrilled about anyway (communication is huge, isn't it?).

Now, what is my summer going to look like? That is the next big question. Light school work, more free time...I guess I don't have to plan it out really, just be ready to do or go when opportunities arise.

We drove over to Virginia Beach today to get free library cards. If you count gas, I'm thinking the cards cost us about $10 and 2 hours of time. Why would we want library cards for a library too far away to visit? Free Rosetta Stone access. We can access 25 different languages free through their website!! I had Sam and I both get a card because I am thinking of dabbling in it, too. Sam wants to learn spanish and who knows what else. Since it is free--we can "play" around however much we feel like it!! City life does have its benefits, I guess.

We have some history reading to do and not much else. The Wendys that is nearby is calling my name and suggesting frosties be purchased...Hope you all are having great weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home