Saturday, April 29, 2006

Something New

I did something brand new in the past couple of weeks. Sometimes my life gets so routine that I am surprised that there are new things to do and discover. (How sad is that?).

I sold something on ebay. It was exciting and scary, but I had a veteran to get me started. That is right, Sabrina is a veteran ebay seller. Now all those books sitting and collecting dust--you know the ones I enthusiastically bought when I started home schooling that are just a BAD fit for Sam and I--are all going to other households where they will, hopefully, be more useful.

I did discover a tick on me after camping, but it is not developing any lyme disease symptoms. Dwight has chiggers which he seems to be reacting allergically to--it is worse than expected. Sam came away unscathed (thank you, God, for that).

The month of May is going to be a big testing month--I will probably be testing every Friday for the whole month. Sam will finish pre-algebra and take his first final exam (mostly to experience it).

Other than that, things are very routine. I'm not complaining, I like routine.

Right now I am on hold with the cable company. They want to charge us $49.95 for a service call when we were paying a monthly fee for "service assurance" or something. Every time someone has come to our house since purchasing this service assurance, the service fee has still appeared on our bill. In order to not pay it we have to dance with the customer service people. Don't you just love that kind of treatment? They won't keep their word unless you call and force them to. That is the kind of integrity I can live without.

Right now Sam and I are reading Little Britches. In there the boy's dad tells him there are two kinds of people, honest people and dishonest people. What race, economic level, language, or any other way of grouping people didn't matter. Whoever at Cox has made the decision to charge and make the customer demand what was promised doesn't fit into the honest category!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home