Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Is my house cleaning itself?

Now I'm not saying my house is spotless. But it seems so uncluttered!

My house is not cleaning itself, but maybe this is even more of a miracle--Sam is doing it!!! Sam is doing a couple of room rescues every day. His room and his school stuff and he has another household chore each morning and afternoon.

How do you get a ten year old to do housework? Make it part of school! We are following flylady and doing a "home management" unit in school. My darling boy is passing with flying colors. He does his room by remembering the sentence "Super Wonderful Boy Cleans The Room" which reminds him to clean up Shoes, Water, Bed, Clothes, Trash, and Reading material.

I need an acronym for his morning routine, too because the child never looks at the list. I heard him recite that sentence and he has never forgotten any of those steps...

I love home schooling--always before he never had time to help because of his homework load (which I'm sure he saw the advantage of).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home