Saturday, March 04, 2006

The computer dance

Dwight bought a new computer. In this family, the most useful ratio of computers to people is 1:1. Each computer also needs to be up to date. So, at first Sam was saving up to buy a new computer. We realized it was going to take him too long, so I was considering buying a new computer and selling mine to him. Then we were discovering that it was a little too expensive for me (my business) to afford a new computer. Dwight started thinking about the uses for a DVD burner...and Dwight has the new computer, I paid him $500 for his not very old computer and Sam paid me $200 for my slightly older computer.

This means that no one has the same computer as last week. All our favorites, emails, documents and software need to be moved around. So far, the documents and email stuff is moved, but not much else.

And another dinosaur of a computer goes to live in our attic. Aah, but Sam having a usable Windows xp computer is so nice. I can't wait until all his software is moved over, too. Then my computer will be MY computer almost all the time!!

All things going well, considering. Just adjusting to gimp-style living and hoping that it is very temporary.

School: Wonderful. No news is good news!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home