Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A committee of one

Well, the decorating committee has disbanded. The meeting last night went well. Every decision the committee made was unanimously supported. The entire committee took it very easy today.

You see, I volunteered to be on a committee to help do visuals that would remind people of our store front church days. We are launching a new building campaign, having outgrown our current space. I ended up being the only one who volunteered (ugh!) and had to do or delegate everything. I am good at delegating, but had to do way more decision making than I am comfortable with. Plus, yesterday was a little nerve wracking--wondering if everything was going to look nice, work out, etc.

I had wonderful people who took the vague instructions I gave and ran with them or I would have been a basket case. Sam stayed at the neighbors which helped tons, too.

The after affects of stress are hitting me today. I feel very tired, clumsy, not very smart. I think it takes 2 nights of sleep to overcome the stress hormones.

School is going well. Sam is doing well. We are adding something to our revamped spelling. Someone on one of my lists said that visual-spatial kids can sometimes improve spelling by orally spelling a word both frontwards and backwards. We tried it for the first time today. Sam thinks it is weird--we'll see if it helps.

Heading out to Olive Garden to celebrate the successful set-up/clean-up last night. People laughed a lot and said things like "Oh yeah, I remember that" and lots of laughter.

Oh, yeah, you're probably wondering how Bible is going. It is going well. Both books are nice in their own ways. It is nice to have a launching platform for discussions about spiritual things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home