Friday, March 24, 2006

Compromise isn't always the answer

I invented a new bedsheet. This wonderful, simple invention provides my husband and I with what we want. When I got rid our our waterbed and bought an electric blanket--it just isn't the same kind of warmth. I have been shivering through the warm-up time in my bed remembering the cozy feeling of the waterbed. Then I recalled the one time I had flannel sheets--they feel much warmer than typical cotton sheets.

Poor husband would sweat to death in flannel sheets, and so I shivered...Then it occurred to me that there was something I could do about this that would make both of us happy. I bought a set of flannel sheets and cut them in half long-ways. I also cut a set of "regular" sheets the same way, a little sewing and now we have 2 sets of hybrid sheets and I'm not shivering and my darling hubby is not sweating.

The added bonus is that I no longer claim the center half as my half of the bed--I stay on the warm, flannel side now.

The martial arts weekend went well, therapy is doing wonders for my ankle.

Sam has decided he doesn't like the new math program, but I'm making him keep doing it for a month. It takes longer than we expected and so one morning I put to much on his morning assignment list. Once we adjusted his morning workload he's really fine with it, but still says he wants to quit. But we aren't seeing melt-downs--he sees that we can tweak the schedule to fit whatever is going on.

In fact, physical therapy takes about 2 hours out of the school day twice a week--this would be unbearable if we didn't flex things. It is working well because several of the books we were assigned to read were at the library on tape or CD. This makes the book much faster to "read" since we take it in the car and Sam also likes to listen for a while at night. So, even though our schedule is crowded--we are actually ahead a little. Isn't God great? He knew we were going to need that boost.

Praying for Dave and the rest of the Flora family--give them all my regards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home