Friday, September 16, 2005

Another Good Week

So, we have finished another week of school. It was a good week. This week we added Community Bible Study and violin lessons to our schedule. The first day was not Sam's idea of a good time, but he is eager to study with me each day and see what the study is like when they have questions to discuss. I am so grateful for that eagerness.

We will be studying the book of John and so hope to deepen our friendship with the Word. Adding in my NILD students in the afternoon doesn't really affect home school much, because we are done by noon every day. It is nice to see people other than just Sam and Dwight now. My students are working hard and willingly. I have an opportunity to teach Geometry to a 17 year old boy. I was contacted by someone other than his parents, so am getting ready to dialog with them to see if schedule, etc. can be worked out. It would ease the budget considerably to be teaching a class--I charge as much for that as I do for NILD (tutoring is somewhat cheaper).

Looking forward to seeing all my relatives and some old friends from way back in another week, but not looking forward to the travel or missing some interesting events here at home.

I have discovered a free (or almost free) activity that is TV and technology free and can be called school, but is adventurous and I think Sam and I will really enjoy it. It is called "Letterboxing." There is another activity similar, which requires a gps device called "geocaching." I discovered that there are letterboxes hidden in parks around Newport News. I think we'll check some places between here and Goshen and see what else we can find (to learn more, check out http://www.letterboxing.org/index.php).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home