Thursday, September 08, 2005

Starting the Day

School is going very well. We are flying through everything. I think Sam really enjoys the flying part.

The thing that is lacking in our school is a definitive starting time. I am NOT a morning person and so I hate to wake Sam up. Therefore, if he wakes at a different time each day, it is hard for our school to start at the same time. Maybe not having a starting time could be one of the benefits of homeschooling. Problem: we will have a specific ending time starting next week when my NILD students starts.

I am thinking that what is needed is for me to be up and dressed--whether I wake Sam or not. Then when he does wake, he can eat, ride his bike a bit and practice his violin. What I have been doing is getting up, but snoozing on the couch until Sam gets up. Then I'm getting dressed and stuff--which seems to nonverbally communicate to Sam that he can goof off.

This is really hitting me where it hurts. It's like asking an engineer to write using proper grammar, or a middle school student write a doctorate dissertation. It just goes against my nature, but I think this is a place where I need to exert my ego over my id and do it. Pray for me to have the motivation and the ability to act on it. I have been praying Phil 2:13 for myself. God working in me to will--that's motivation, and to act--that's the ability to respond to the motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home