Monday, September 12, 2005

Unusual Day

After having a sleep over on Friday night (his first). And sleeping until 9:30 on Sunday morning, I was very surprised to hear Sam tell me he woke up at 6:00 am. I told him that his teacher does not start work until 8:00 am.

It was his idea to do all his independent work while I slept. When I arose at 8, we did the work he needed me for (spelling, reading aloud together) and he was finished with school by 9:30 am.

Sam loves home schooling! Actually, when I ask him, "Do you love home schooling?" He replies, "Yeah, it's okay." Which probably means it is better than going to a classroom, but playing is still his preference.

We spent the weekend organizing his legos so that his imagination can roam free and he can create more amazing ships. He can spend hours doing upgrades to his space ship. Right now it is a shuttle carrier--the space kind of ship, not the sea kind of ship.

My NILD students start this week, so that will be a bit of an adjustment for us. I think we'll do fine. I have 3 students starting this week and am hoping for a 4th student by Christmas. My business needs 3 paying students and my 3rd student is from a missionary family and we will be bartering for her services. I think we're going to get dinner twice a week and Sam will do creative writing with the parents.

So, life is good, as long as Ophelia stays away--she's acting very unpredictable and so we're watching closely. Don't worry, if she decides to come up the James River we would be packing our stuff and heading out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home